Does vray support TGA for textures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does vray support TGA for textures?

I have a model with textures on it, but whenever I use a TGA image as a diffuse map it renders out completely black.
    Is this expected behavior? Has it always been this way?

Thanks!

We do render TGA textures, but the formats that we support are somewhat limited. If you can get me a file to examine, I will see what can be done about it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok! Check out this zipped .TGA I attached.
      Also, I just created a brand new document in Photoshop, painted it green and saved it as a TGA and that didn't work either. What settings do I have to use to get a TGA to work out of photoshop?

Thanks Vlado!

baremetal.zip

Comment

Thank you for the file.
        I can reproduce the problem.
        It seems this is very strange tga file, because neither my image viewer, nor gimp 2.8 can open it. Only Maya and Nuke.

Adding it to our ToDo.
        V-Ray developer

Comment

Very strange indeed. I do not know how it was created. It came with a turbosquid model I purchased.
          You can also add Photoshop to the list of applications that can open it.

Comment

for fast fix i would just open the img inside PS and save it again, that should 100% fix the probl

cheers

Comment

I was getting some weird things like this happening and I discovered only 24 bit RLE compressed TGA's worked well. Seems like 16's and 32 bit TGA's were rendering black in certain situations. hope that helps

Comment

@dre4mer:
                Do you have these images and can you send them to us?
                It will simplify our task quite a bit if we have a set of different formats that don't render.
                V-Ray developer

Comment

Working...
                X