Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vrscenes :exporting Geometry only once for flythrough ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vrscenes :exporting Geometry only once for flythrough ?

Hello ,
    I want to export my scene (flythrough, only the camera moves) to vraystandalone, and i would like to export my geometry only once , without to have to open the main *.vrscene and modify the include line linking to the geometry.vrscene file.

Is there a straighforward way to achieve this ?

Thanks.

That's generally what will happen if you export the entire animation in one .vrscene file. V-Ray will not re-export geometry that stays unchanged between frames.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I thought deadline was not able to deal with a single vrscene for an animation but it works perfectly !
      Thanks Vlado !

Comment

One question :

If we export one vrscene by frame with "separate file" enable, does VRay will re-export geometry for each frame or not ?
        The "good way" would be to export static geometry one time, and moving geometry for each frame.
        Currently export 1 vrscene is not an option for "big production" because it can take a lot of time. On my current studio we are exporting 1 vrscene by frame on the renderfarm. So this is fast. But i don't know if there is a method to export one time the static geometry with 1 vrscene by frame.
        www.deex.info

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossfr View Post
          If we export one vrscene by frame with "separate file" enable, does VRay will re-export geometry for each frame or not?
          If you enable "separate files", but keep "each frame in separate file" OFF then V-Ray will re-export static geometry only once. The only case where V-Ray will write the geometry for every frame is when the "each frame in separate file" option is enabled.

The "good way" would be to export static geometry one time, and moving geometry for each frame.
          This is exactly what V-Ray does when "each frame in separate file" is OFF (regardless of the "separate files" option).

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            This is exactly what V-Ray does when "each frame in separate file" is OFF (regardless of the "separate files" option).

Best regards,
            Vlado

But this is not possible to do this also with "each frame in separate file" ON ? This is on the TODO list or not ?

Thank you
            www.deex.info

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossfr View Post
              But this is not possible to do this also with "each frame in separate file" ON ? This is on the TODO list or not ?
              I don't really see any way to do that.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Working...
              X