OK, seriously what's going on with Vray for Maya 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, seriously what's going on with Vray for Maya 2016

I know I know, it's THAT thread that everyone, myself included, groans about. But seriously guys, back on May 10th Vlado said:

It's a few weeks away. There were some changes between the last beta and the official release that we needed to take care of.

I don't want to be THAT guy, but come on. It's been more than 6 weeks. This is really holding us back from some awesome new Maya features.

Can I be that guy who says "it'll be ready when it's ready, and I doubt they are sitting on their arses doing nothing "

Plus, I think 6 could still be classed as " a few"

Comment

If you email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com, we can get you access to the nightly builds which include 2016 versions.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
        If you email me to vlado@chaosgroup.com, we can get you access to the nightly builds which include 2016 versions.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        Thanks Vlado, and again sorry to harass you guys I know you're working hard. I HATE being "that guy" but I'm getting impatient to work with Maya's new hypershade and sculpting tools, etc.

I WAS given access to the nightlies at one point, but it caused Vray for 2015 to stop functioning and the advice I was given on how to fix this sounded ridiculously complex, risky and not worth the hassle. I'm actively working in 2015 every day for work and can't do anything that even remotely puts that at risk.

Is there a clean, easy way to have both running?

Comment

Hm, which OS is that? I don't think there are any issues of running V-Ray for Maya 2015 and 2016 together. I also don't see how installing one would affect the other in any way... but I can probably look at the support ticket.

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

Hm, which OS is that? I don't think there are any issues of running V-Ray for Maya 2015 and 2016 together. I also don't see how installing one would affect the other in any way... but I can probably look at the support ticket.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            My apologies, but I just re-installed the last nightly I have and it did work as expected. I think the last time around I let it register itself as a service and that was causing a problem.

Having said that, the nightly I currently have is 30504. Is there a more recent one available?

Comment

Originally posted by beenyweenies View Post
              Having said that, the nightly I currently have is 30504. Is there a more recent one available?
              Yes this is the last version that is available so far.
              Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
              Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

In fact this number (30504) means close to nothing, because it doesn't change often.
                When you start Maya or Standalone you should see the revision number.
                This is the really important number and there are new builds almost every night where this number is different.
                V-Ray developer

Comment

Hi to all.
                  I need to ask. Any info from you guys will be very important for our plan that we have.
                  Do you have a lot of trouble to give a formal stable version for Maya 2016?
                  In my situation, linux version.
                  As I wrote in another post currently we are still waiting only for the Vray 3 for Maya2016 as salvation.
                  Over 80 render nodes and 20 workstations is waiting for installation of a new Maya2016 but without Vray 3
                  it will be useless for us. Do you see any bright light when should be ready? Days, weeks, more?
                  Cheers Olaf

Comment

Email our support guys at support@chaosgroup.com, they will get you a build.

Best regards,
                    Vlado

Comment

Great. I will contact them. Thanks Vlado.

Comment

i send mail to Vlado a and support 2 days back but got no response :-/

Comment

Originally posted by QuakeMarine1 View Post
                          i send mail to Vlado a and support 2 days back but got no response :-/
                          I got that, sorry for the delay. It was addressed to me only though. I forwarded the email to our support guys.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Best regards,
                            Vlado
                            Hi Vlado, could you elaborate on that please? At one point we were given access to the nightlies and have been checking since for Maya 2016 releases. The last version we see is almost a month old and not available for 2016...

Comment

Originally posted by wizzackr View Post
                              Hi Vlado, could you elaborate on that please? At one point we were given access to the nightlies and have been checking since for Maya 2016 releases. The last version we see is almost a month old and not available for 2016...
                              Hi,

Can you email us at support@chaosgroup.com by providing your login details and we will see if there is something wrong with your access rights.
                              Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
                              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
                              X