Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayClipper in Maya ?

Hello,

when will be VRayClipper available in Maya ? https://youtu.be/Hy-tRHExWgU?t=3m22s
    It will be work with Vrayproxy ?

thx
    Rasto

It's already in the nightlies and will be included in 3.1. I think it should support any geometry.
    V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Speaking of this video, is there anything similar to the "vrayMultiSubTex with random modes" going to be available in the upcoming SP for Vray for Maya? Currently I'm using the singleShadingSwitch trick for random texures/color but would love to use something like this. I noticed the "muliTex" node in the nightly looks similar to this but could not figure out how to use it.

Thanks
      Ben

Comment

We do have the rendering plugin, but no UI for it yet. We can probably create some UI for the same texture as in 3ds Max.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by ivaylo.ivanov View Post
          It's already in the nightlies and will be included in 3.1. I think it should support any geometry.
          ok, i will try, is there any special way how to create it, or how to work with it ?

Comment

Thanks, Vlado! That would be awesome! I would love to have that. The singleShadingSwitch trick is pretty cumbersome. Thanks

Rasto, it looks like the VrayClipper is already available on the vray shelf from the nightly build that I have. If you don't have the shelf you can get that from renderSettings>Vray>VrayUI.

-Ben
            Last edited by bvoldm; 23-06-2015, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bvoldm View Post
              Rasto, it looks like the VrayClipper is already available on the vray shelf from the nightly build that I have. If you don't have the shelf you can get that from renderSettings>Vray>VrayUI.
              -Ben
              thx for reply, i got build from today vray_adv_30504_maya2013_x64_25931.rar and i don't see any VrayClipper in shelfs.

Comment

oh. yeah. I'm using the 2016 version. not sure if 2013 would have it.

Comment

Try using the Create/Replace V-Ray Shelf option inside the VRay UI tab. That worked for me.
                  Troy Davis
                  Animation Director
                  atomicpictures.com

Comment

Originally posted by Atomictroy View Post
                    Try using the Create/Replace V-Ray Shelf option inside the VRay UI tab. That worked for me.
                    http://i.imgur.com/Md8bDg2.png
                    For me too, but i can't find VrayClipper there.

R.

Comment

yeah. it doesn't look like you have it. Here is where I have it in Maya 2016 Click image for larger version

Name:	vrayClipper.png
Views:	1
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	856389
                      Last edited by bvoldm; 23-06-2015, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bvoldm View Post
                        yeah. it doesn't look like you have it. Here is where I have it in Maya 2016
                        Oh, in 2015 is it working have it, thx much.

R.

Comment

The shelf must be manually recreated for the changes to take effect. To be sure you have it, check the Create -> VRay -> Create VRayClipper menu
                          V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Working...
                          X