Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sending Per Particle color to metaball surface?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Per Particle color to metaball surface?

Hello, I am working on a test for a project that involves the classic fluid metaball surface (convert particles to polygons method).

Once I have a working metaball surface the usual Vray material does a lovely job. What the client is asking for is different colors for each of the different bubbles coming out of a white sphere.

So I am trying to find a way to get Vray to take a per particle color and have that be the way the metaball surface gets its color and possibly even vray light material as well.

Is this possible at the moment?

Thanks
    Attached Files
    ------
    KC

Yes, it should be possible with per-particle colors - see the attached scene.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Attached Files
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ah, yes, I see. Ok that does exactly what I need. Only thing left is getting incandescence per particle as well. Is that possible? I imagine I'd just use IncandescencePP and input a ramp then use the userScalerPP or I could use the emission vray per particle to send incandescence to the particles?

Oh and hooking up particle Sampler to the vray material incandescence?
      Last edited by Intuition; 12-10-2015, 08:21 AM.
      ------
      KC

Comment

I guess you can try Let me know if you have any issues.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok I think having the particle Sampler plugged into the Vray material Self Illumination attribute is creating a uniform 1.0 level glow.

I tried a couple expressions with both incandescencePP and user vectorPP and can't seem to send it to the particles correctly. When I use the numeric display in the particle shading I can see that the PP values are coming up with the rand(values,values) I set but that its not getting to the material as intended.
          Attached Files
          ------
          KC

Comment

Working...
          X