compositing layers in VFB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compositing layers in VFB?

Is there a way to composite layers in the VFB, the way you can do it in the Maya render window? For example, in my current scene I have a base color layer and a separate specular layer that I had to create with a different material. The Maya render window will composite them together, giving me the option of setting the specular layer to screen. Doesn't seem possible in VFB.

One thing I tried doing is to save out the layers individually and then bring them into Photoshop as separate layers using placed linked. Then adjust the blending method for each one there. The idea was to just over ride the saved images as I work, go back to Photoshop and they wold update automatically (because of placed linked). The only problem with that is that each time I try to save an image from VFB, it defaults back to My Computer which is very annoying since I have to navigate back to my project images folder each time.

We don't have the ability to composite render elements in the VFB itself, although this is somewhere on the "to do" list.

For the default folder, I think we worked on this at one point... which version of V-Ray do you have?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

The only problem with that is that each time I try to save an image from VFB, it defaults back to My Computer which is very annoying since I have to navigate back to my project images folder each time.
      On Windows at least, you can drag and drop a folder from the navigation pane on the right to the favorites pane on the left in the "Choose output image file" dialog.
      This way you won't have to navigate to it each time.

Do you think changing the "Choose output image file" dialog to the standard Windows "File open/save dialog" will work better than the Qt dialog we use now ?
      The Windows dialog has the "Favorites" list on the left side, which is shared across all Windows applications that use this dialog.

Click image for larger version

Name:	old_file_dialog.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	858823
      Click image for larger version

Name:	new_file_dialog.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	858824

Greetings,
      Vladimir Nedev
      Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

I'm using 3.10.01

Comment

Didn't know you could do that, this is very helpful. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X