Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to render out glass from a scene with layers

Hey guys,

Got a question. If you look at the image attached. Imagine i've built a glass room as you can see from the topographic on the left in the drawing, there are 2 rows of 2 tables each and at each table is two people sitting behind a desk. These people were photographer and are to be composited it.

The room has other things around. What I thought was that I could select the glass in layers and turn of "visibility" and render the room with tables and all.

Then assign a matte to everything except the first layer of glass and make the second row of glass "visibility" unchecked.
    Now for the second layer, make the first layer "visibility" unchecked and matte everything else.

When I say matte, I would assign Vray properties and then check the matte radio button and switch the alpha contribution to -1.

This method isn't working, I am not getting what I need and I need to comp in the humans in photoshop as it requires photoshop work and would not look good if I added them in 3D and rendered it that way.

As for the shaders, under refraction, I'd switch the setting to alpha+color. What else am I missing?

Or is there an alternative way to do this? Thank you.

I've included a perspective drawing on the right. And indicated the glass panels by drawing a line on the floor. My glass shader is mostly refractive with a pinch of reflection.

Thank yoU!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	486.4 KB
ID:	883050
Working...
X