Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed Rendering and nparticles

Hi

Just wondered what the correct workflow is for rendering nparticles over DR. I am using instances (spheres) for the required look (motion blur streaks) , but when I cache them only the local machine's buckets render. Can it be done without having to export them to vray proxy (as it is another step which takes ages)?

Maya 2016 Vray 3.10.01

Thanks

The Maya particle cache works transparently, i.e. 3rd party plugins like V-Ray doesn't know about the cache at all. In practice, the cache has its own bugs and weirdness. We know for a bug in Maya 2013 batch, but another user also reported a problem that vanished before we figure out what was causing it.
    V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Do you mean bugs on one machine or bugs over DR? It seems to work ok in batch for me, on one machine... But i'd like to render the sequence over DR...that's when the other machines buckets render black. What would the recommended workflow be?

Comment

Do you see the spheres in the buckets rendered by other machines (you can check if they are visible in the alpha channel)?
        Is it possible that you've applied a material that uses some textures or other file based assets that are not available by the other render nodes?
        Can you reproduce the problem with a simple diffuse shader?
        V-Ray developer

Comment

I will try to reproduce. But DR works fine in the vfb. The assets transfer over and the motion blur is correct. Just not in the overnight batch render

Comment

Working...
          X