Baking in mayaBatch mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baking in mayaBatch mode

Just enquiring whether it is a possibility to bake ( in this case ptex textures ) in maya batch mode.

The error i get returning is that mesh needs to be selected - which makes sense. So trying a selection script on a pre-render frame callback -wondering if anyone has tried this before with much success?

That should work, yes. You could make a pre-render mel script that puts an object in the active selection.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Everything looks as though its working. It takes approx the same amount of time even - but for some reason the ptex files dont appear to be saving when using maya batch.

The logging all looks good, says baking ptex etc. just doesnt appear in the location set in ptex settings.

Edit: Nevermind, seem to have found a way around the issue now.
      Last edited by monsteradurm; 19-09-2016, 08:16 AM.

Comment

What's the workaround that you've found to be working, can you share it with us?
        Side question - the location where you are saving, does it exist or do you rely on the ptex settings to create it for you?
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

yeah it exists prior to submitting.

Im using a custom script to submit the baking to deadline (6.2). For whatever reason, so long as im selecting multiple meshes at once it outputs the files fine. There isnt any logical reason that I can see, and i get the same behaviour even if im running mayabatch locally from inside maya.

Comment

Working...
          X