VRaySky and Light Select

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRaySky and Light Select

Is it somehow possible to add the VRaySky to a Light Select render element so I get a separate render of just the sky?
    If I add the VRaySky node, I get a black render. If I add sun + sky, only the sun shows up in the render element.

I used this MEL command to add the sky node to the render element.
    Code:
    sets -edit -forceElement vrayRE_Light_Select VRaySky1;
    Cheers, Florian
    Florian von Behr
    CG Supervisor
    The Scope GmbH
    Behance

Create a dome light and connect the sky to it; then you can pit the dome light in a separate light select.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado,
      I'll give that a try.
      Florian von Behr
      CG Supervisor
      The Scope GmbH
      Behance

Comment

sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm trying to figure this out as well and Vlado, I'm not sure I know what you mean by "connect the sky to it [the dome light]". How would you go about that?
        Dave Girard | CAN-CON.ca | polygonspixelsandpaint.tumblr.com

Comment

If I put the VRaySky in the Dome Tex slot of a dome light and the dome light is in a light select set, it still comes out black

Edit: Ack. My bad – I just noticed that I had been playing with the sun position and it was below the horizon so it was just black. It's rendering fine. Thanks for the tip.
          Last edited by BEIGE; 08-02-2020, 04:35 PM.
          Dave Girard | CAN-CON.ca | polygonspixelsandpaint.tumblr.com

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
            Create a dome light and connect the sky to it; then you can pit the dome light in a separate light select.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            this is how we do it now, but the reflection of the sky becomes the secular contribution? is there any way to change this? when using the environment settings, the sky is part of the reflection render element. When using a light dome with the sky in it, its secular now

Comment

thescopeteam This is due to the "consistent lighting elements" changes implemented in V-Ray NEXT. You can read more about the changes here (yellow paragraph). It is possible to switch to the old behavior (disabling the consistent lighting options and adaptive dome options), however, this might produce different results.
              Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
              Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
              X