VR project endeavors with VIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VR project endeavors with VIVE

Hey all, i'm in the midst of experimenting for a VR video project with my Vive Headset and I have came up with a few issues. I will share a few details of the settings I am using and the issues I have faced:

1)In my scene I am using a Stereoscopic camera (create> cameras> stereo camera). My scene is to human scale, but i noticed that the video has the issue of double image if the interaxial seperation of 6.35 (the default). Hence I changed it down to 0.65 and it helped significantly. I know this goes against the physically accurate scale, but would there be another way of dealing with this double image, if not this will definitely cause some major dizziness.

2) Zero Parallax - Due to the nature of my scene, there will be characters moving around, and because the distance of the key subject constantly changes, will it be advisable to adjust and animate the zero parallax to fit my current scene?
    Let me give an example, there will be a character at the distance of 75cm doing an action, and he will then move till 300cm away from the camera for another action, if i keep a constant Zero Parallax value of 75, his image when at 300cm away will form a blurry (or parrallax) effect in my Vive Headset.

3) Currently as mentioned, my assets are all physically accurate and i placed my stero camera in the accurate human height, however the experience I have in my VIVE headset makes me feel like i am in a gigantic area (the distance of my eye to the floor feels much farther than it actually should)

4) Is there a Vray RT plugin/ software that supports previewing in VIVE? I heard of one that works with 3ds Max but have yet to come across any for Maya. My current workflow requires me to render the images and output it into video format for my VIVE headset. If i could directly see the results in viewport or VRAY frame buffer that will definitely save a ton of time.

5) Will Vray Next have better support and integration with VR?

You can check our VR guide: https://www.chaosgroup.com/blog/guid...tual-reality-2

There's no Vive integration in Maya IPR like there is for max, though.
    But you should be able to just use a spherical panorama or cube 6x1 camera + the stereoscopic attributes to the camera, instead of using a maya stereo camera rig.
    There's no major improvements on VR in Next.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X