User attribute fail (Cuda)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User attribute fail (Cuda)

I have a character asset with sss skin that was created in VRay 3.6 for Maya and it has a user attribute assigned to the skin shape nodes. The attribute in question is the VRay_SSS_SurfaceID which prevents or reduces AO contact shadows between non contiguous geometry that share a subsurface shader. The user attr works perfectly when rendering in VRay 3.6 CPU but doesn't work when rendered in VRay3.6 Cuda or hybrid.

Can anyone tell me if this is a know limitation of Cuda rendering in VRay or if there is another way to fix it for RT renders?

This is already implemented for V-Ray Next (you can check the beta), but unfortunately it's not in V-Ray 3.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado.

Comment

I did some tests using VRay 4.0302 beta 2 and the VRay_SSS_SurfaceID attr still doesn't work when rendering in Cuda. I'm attaching a render comparison to this message.. I tried to attach the scene file but it wouldn't allow me to add it.

Comment

Sorry about the confusion - this is not yet supported on the GPU. I've added a request in our system about this.
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Apologies for the late reply the email got lost in my junk folder.. Thank you for the response, I look forward to a fix in future releases of GPU.

Comment

Working...
            X