Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maya and Vray not rendering in Backburner = No frames rendered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya and Vray not rendering in Backburner = No frames rendered.

Hello,

I'm having a problem with rendering through backburner:
    Backburner runs through the frame range and sends out jobs to our servers, but the servers don't output any files.

There is a screen-grab attached of one of the servers. It's giving a V-Ray error: There was a fatal error rendering the scene, and later says Renderer returned an error whilst rendering 'defaultRenderLayer', please verify the output image. The output image is set correctly.

The farm is working on other scenes, the only thing that is different with the scene I'm working on is that it's using a cached Mash system, and a large plane that has a vrayDisplacement node on it. I've also had to set the Max Subdivs under the "Default displacement and subdivision" setting up to 1024.

Using Windows 10 Pro with Maya 2018.4, V-Ray 3.60.04

Many thanks for any help.

'fatal error' usually means a crash.
    How much memory do you have on the machines that run this scene through backburner?
    Using 1024 subdivs for default displacement and subdivision doesn't sound like a very good idea, we should put an internal limit to this value.
    What I suspect might be happening is that you are instructing vray to tessellate your displacement and subdivision objects to a point where you run out of memory and you run into a case that's not handled perfectly and you get a crash.
    Can you:
    - run the same scene with maya batch on the same machine where it's crashing?
    - let us know how much memory there is on the machine where it's crashing?
    - are you able to run the scene successfully when you render locally?
    - if yes, do you have more memory on the machine where it runs successfully?
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Also - is this Maya 2018 with no updates, or do you have any Maya update(s) installed?
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
      X