UDIM Bake still exporting multiple textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UDIM Bake still exporting multiple textures

From the V-Ray for Maya docs my understanding is that the "UDIM" option in V-Ray Bake should allow a single file output, versus outputting one file per shape. However, in my tests in V-Ray for Maya 4.04.03 on Windows 10, even with UDIM mode active the exporter writes one file for each shape.

Attached is a test scene with four shapes in a single V-Ray Bake Option with UDIM mode on. From there, using Lighting / Shading -> Bake with V-Ray (tested with both "All" and "Selected" objects) bakes each of the four shapes as separate EXRs in the output folder rather than one file for a single UDIM.

Did I miss a checkbox somewhere or is this a bug? It's possible I just misunderstood the docs: "UDIM baking – Enables baking to UDIM textures. If this option is enabled, V-Ray will produce one texture for each UV tile." Could be that still means one UDIM written out PER SHAPE, but I took that to mean it would be one texture per UDIM for everything selected.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rainingwaffles; 17-04-2019, 05:19 PM.

Well, looks like the "projection baking" settings are a more efficient way of what I was trying to accomplish with multiple UV sets. So this question now doesn't seem to matter. Thanks for reading!

Comment

Working...
    X