Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zooming in VFB

Hi everyone,

It seems like the shortcut for zooming in and out (ctrl+lmb and ctrl+rmb) gets disabled when doing an IPR rendering. They start working again if I do a normal render.

using VRay Next for Maya 2018, update 1 (v4.12.01.29155 from May

I cannot reproduce the issue and everything seems to be working on our side. Could you check if the scrolling of the mouse wheel also works?
    Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
    Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Scroll wheel is working fine, that seems to be unaffected by this.

Maya version is 2018.6 btw

Comment

I just updated vray to the version released on may 8th, still same issue.

Comment

Try resetting Maya to default user settings by deleting the "prefs" folder, located in:
          C:\Users\%username%\Documents\maya\2018

Then uninstall V-Ray using the following guide:
          https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ninstall+V-Ray

Finally, try installing V-Ray and see if the issue is still present.
          Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
          Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Hi sorry for not getting back sooner, I'm completely swamped at the moment so no time to uninstall everything, I'll get round to it as soon as things calm down. A colleague of mine is experiencing the same issues though so it's not only on my machine.

Comment

That's odd. I think I can get the same on my end. I'll make a note about it for the devs. As this doesn't seem like a major issue, how important would you say it is to fix it sooner rather than later?
              Alex Yolov
              Product Manager
              V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
              www.chaos.com

Comment

In IPR mode, ctrl+lmb is supposed to select an object from the VFB.

Best regards,
                Vlado
                I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

That is unfortunate. This is a new feature for the VFB though right? I'm a permanent tablet user, mice kills my elbow in seconds, is there any way of zooming in the vfb without the use of a scroll wheel? I'm not in front of maya right this second so I can't check but is there a way of remapping the keys so that zoom works the same way in IPR as it does in normal render?

Comment

That's a good point that I hadn't considered. You can also use the "+" and "-" keys to zoom in and out, maybe you can map these?

Best regards,
                    Vlado
                    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

I can certainly try it

On a side note though, ctrl+lmb does nothing in vfb during IPR at the moment. Curent behaviour is that if I RMB I get to choose what LMB does, but ctrl+LMB seems to do nothing no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                      X