Vray Proxy Export Problem Missing in render

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Proxy Export Problem Missing in render

Hi, I'm having a problem exporting vray proxies and automatically creating, Selecting Export all objects to a single file.
    I am doing this 9 times for a different set of objects in the same scene. Some of these objects share shaders, not sure if that helps,
    When I initially create the proxies everything seams to work fine. However on a close and open of the scene one of the proxies will always not render, as if the meshes have dissapeared, preiview mesh is however visible in the viewport. The Proxy files them self clearly have data and there are meshes i the visibility list gui.
    There are quite a lot of meshes in one of the proxies, 8000
    Software versions Vray 3.60.04 - Maya 2018
    Great to know if this is a common problem, if theres a workaround or if it has been resloved in Vray Next.
    Thanks

I'm not sure we had this one before. Can you reproduce this behavior with a simple scene? Also, it would be best if you could send us an example scene on support@chaosgroup.com. Please make sure to mention this thread in your e-mail.
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hey I'll try and prep a simple scene together as it's consistently happening, I have found an awful workaround which isnt really feasable in production, this invloves reimporting each vray proxy 'the ones already written to disk' from the 'import vray proxy' dialog, Then assigning the vraymeshmtl from the broken proxy, then everything renders fine,
      Maybe one solutuion would be using python/mel to do the export for multiple different selections and import, but then I dont really know how I would reassign the shaders.
      Thanks,
      Will try and setup an example scene as soon as i get a chance

Comment

Ok, we look forward to seeing the scene. Unfortunately, there is no automatic way to re-assign the shaders of the imported proxy, its best to convert all geometry to proxies in the scene. Therefore we need to check what is the culprit and fix it.
        Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

// Warning: line 1: V-Ray : Could not load mesh file(s) "MESH_PATH_HERE"! Error: "[DefMeshFile::init()] No frame information in input file "MESH_PATH_HERE"!" //

Getting this error when trying in vray next not sure if related?, sorry havnt been able to make a file that reproduces the erro that im aloud to send over yet

Comment

Working...
          X