Bercon Noise displacement works only via V-Ray layered shader node

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bercon Noise displacement works only via V-Ray layered shader node

Not a big issue imo but just wanted to let you guys know that Bercon noise plugged directly to object displacement node doesn not work in both gpu and cpu engines. Workaround I found is to plug it through layered shader node. Interestingly native maya noise maps work out of the box.
    My Artstation
    Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
    Sun Tsu

Hi Carol and thanks for the report.

We are aware of this issue. It's fixed in our stable builds and it will also be included in our next update.
    The problem was the default connection made between the bercon noise texture and the vrayDisplacement node. This is all we've changed to fix it, otherwise it you manually connect outColor from the bercon noise to the displacement input, it will work.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Thank you Alex. Native bercon noise in Maya is super useful, you guys did a great move by implementing it.
      My Artstation
      Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
      Sun Tsu

Comment

Working...
      X