Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shake Overscan ignored on render

Maya 2018.4 . V-Ray Next v4.12.02

V-Ray doesn't seem to respect the Shake Overscan attribute in the maya camera settings. Simply creating a new scene with a camera and box should demonstrate this. Is this a known issue? FWIW, the Shake horizontal and vertical offsets work fine.

Yes, it is a known thing, however, it is solved with the 'Overscan mode' camera override in the render settings (Overrides>Overscan mode). Try it out and see if it works out for you.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hey Aleksandar, Thanks for the reply! Yes, the Overscan Mode can work, and I really like the options it provides. However, there are a few things that make the current process less than ideal for me. Is there any intention to fix the shake overscan in the future?

Comment

Could you elaborate a bit on why the shake overscan would be ideal and the override not?

Comment

Sure. Firstly, the reason that I was interested in the Shake Overscan attribute was so that I could have another option for pan/zoom that would render. That way, I could keep pan/zoom for veiwport navigation(which I tend to use often) and use the Shake attributes for rendering(easy to enable/disable).

My primary reason for not loving the overscan mode, however, is the lack of viewport integration. I find it's not readily evident why my render doesn't match my viewport, and I have similar feelings with needing to add a reformat in Nuke - clarity. That said, while I don't use after effects(some of our artists do), I'm not even sure how to get AE to see the overscan. What's the workflow for that?

All in all, I love that you can add pixels in any direction to the render in overscan mode(normally a frustration), it just comes down the integration of it. Hope that helps.

Comment

Thank you for the explanation. I've reported the information to our developers and we'll consider support for the functionality.

Comment

Working...
            X