Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Environment Fog density textures not working with CUDA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Environment Fog density textures not working with CUDA?

Hello,
    I have a big environment scene and am using environment fog. I have been rendering with CUDA because it is very clean and fast with all my trees and plants instanced everywhere. I want to continue rendering with my GPU but the problem is that I cannot get any 3D texture to work in the density slot of the fog when using CUDA. It will only work when I change to CPU, but then it takes forever to render my scene. Apologies if this is already stated somewhere in the docs, but I looked and didn't see anything stating that you cant use 3D textures when CUDA rendering. So how is this achieved or can somebody confirm that this is it not possible with CUDA? I attached screenshots and an example scene.

Edit: I forgot to mention that with CUDA enabled, I can see the 3D texture works in the building of the light cache and you can also see the proper shadows on the ground. However when it begin rendering the image it is always solid fog, no 3D texture

Thanks for any help/confirmation.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Harrison W; 24-02-2020, 07:38 PM.

Hi Harrison W,
    I'm sorry to confirm that for the moment textures in the Density slot of an Environment Fog are not supported when rendering with CUDA.
    I'll make a note to update the docs page about that.
    As for the 3D texture showing during the Light Cache GI prepass, that is because the Light Cache is always calculated by the standard V-Ray CPU engine.
    Svetlana Gesheva
    QA, V-Ray for Maya
    chaos

Comment

Working...
    X