Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maya Stereoscopic Focus, bug ?

Hi,

I'm working on a stereoscopic setup. We noticed that when you choose "None" in Focus Method (which is default), the focus distance has no effect whatever number you put.
    When choosing Shear or Rotation, it does work.
    As I'm not very familiar with Stereoscopic setup, I'm wondering if it's a Maya/Vray bug. In the doc it is stated that: None – Both cameras have their focus points directly in front of them.

cheers
    www.mirage-cg.com

I understand from what you were citing, that "None" means = no adjustment possible.

p.s.
    Something else: I'm no expert, but I made some tests some months ago:
    I came to the result that the savest way is to create a steroscopic Maya camera and assign to both cameras (left and right) each a vray physical camera.
    In the render settings this stereo- maya-camera was the only, where I could select either left or right eye.
    Just wanted to mention...
    https://forums.chaosgroup.com/forum/...ew-some-issues

Comment

Thanks for the answer, BeneZ. With shear, the tests where very good. I guess you are right about the maya stereo camera. With the Vray camera you can render either Left or Right, but you don't see them in the viewport as far as I know.
      I did the tests with a company that builds "3D" screens, and they said my latest tests were perfect.
      www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

It isn't a bug. The 'None' focus method option means that the cameras' focus is looking towards infinity, hence the lack of effect of the focus distance parameter.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you Aleksandar. Maybe the "infinity" term should be added in the description in the doc.
          www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

Working...
          X