Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy calculation times for lace Clothing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy calculation times for lace Clothing.

I am using Maya 2018 vray 3.6 with a render farm. I have pretty basic settings. Max subdivs at 16, GI with bruteforce and Lightcache. I have some lace on a dress that is taking forever(30min plus) only in the areas with the see through lace. If I change my Opacity map to clip it renders way way faster like 80%t faster. But it looks way better with Stochastic and its killing my rendertimes. Any ideas on how to optimize or fix this? Everything else renders really fast

Thanks

Could you send the scene to support@chaosgroup.com so we can take a look? Mention this thread in the e-mail as well.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks for the provided scene. The reason why the Stochastic opacity mode is slower is that it requires more sampling to calculate for textures with pixel values between 0 and 255, unlike the Clip mode where all values are taken as either black or white (hence, the faster rendering). As for optimizing, try disabling the opacity texture's filtering. It should yield lower render times. You can also edit the texture to contain only black and white values, but this is essentially what the Clip mode does. Otherwise, the Clip mode is intended for cutouts and is by far the biggest optimization.
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
      X