Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRayClipper overlapping geo

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is an expected behaviour, but it causes me some headache.
    I've made a simple setup to demonstrate my problem, another reason I simplified was to check if I could replicate the problem with a simpler setup (I could).
    I have a container filled with something. I don't want a gap between the walls of the container and the content, also I don't want the content to occupy the exact same space as the wall of the container, so I've made the content overlap the walls slightly. This also is the recommended approach if the container is to be transparent, if I'm not mistaken.
    Picture 1: This is what the setup looks like.
    Picture 2: This is what it looks like when using VRayClipper on this setup. The inner cylinder is not getting a wall from the clipper.
    Picture 3: Scaling the inner cylinder down, so that they don't overlap makes it work, but creating a complete 3D-scene with no overlapping geo is pretty much impossible, I would say.

Is this the way it works, or is this a bug? The way it works now, it's unfortunately not very useful to me.

Look me in the eye and tell me this demo scene doesn't have any overlapping geo.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLRzW6ixopI

Thank you!
    Last edited by Uniel; 14-05-2020, 01:46 PM. Reason: Pushing preview didn't preview, it posted...Yeah...

Working with overlapping geometry is a limitation of the VRayClipper.This limitation is reflected differently and depends on the scenario. We have tried figuring out a solution for such geometry, however, a universal answer is not always possible.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for your reply! I understand. You do sell that feature with a pretty complex scene in the video I linked to, It's easy to get the impression that it's more competent than it actually is.
      Anyways, I've started to look at the VRayDistanceTex instead. Seems flexible and maybe that's a good option for this scenario?

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
      X