Vray GPU not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray GPU not working

My V-Ray GPU is not working properly, only works in CPU. If I try CUDA or RTX I get this error (First Image).
    Default Settings, only changed the resolution and bucket mode. Using Rtx 2080, Maya 2020 and V-Ray latest version.
    I did some tests in V-ray with 3ds Max and both modes are working fine.

Cheers,
    Lucas

It seems like an exposure issue. Could you send the scene to support@chaosgroup.com so we can take a look? Mention this thread in the e-mail.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you for sharing the scene. Is there any particular reason why you have overridden the environments with the Sky that you already have set in the scene? Or that was just testing? This seems to confuse the GPU engine and produce that effect.
      Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com

Comment

Thanks for the reply, well I just created a sun and sky, i didn't change any extra setting. It seems that when I click to create the sky it automatically overrides the environment slots. I copy the scene and I deleted all the lights in it.
        Image 1 - Create a sun and sky from scratch (CPU)
        Image 2 - Create a sun and sky from scratch (GPU)
        Image 3 - Uncheck the override setting (CPU and GPU produce the same result)
        Only in cpu mode and get the correct sky in the render.

Comment

Yes, you are correct VRaySky automatically overrides the environment slots. This turns out to be the scene unit issue. I'll log it under VGPU-4847. To work around it you should set your Working units to centimeters.
          Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com

Comment

Yes, know it's working! Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X