Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vrmesh disappear when I try to playblast using mayapy

Hello Chaos Team

We have some trouble trying to do some "playblast" of a scene containing vrmesh proxy using mayapy (ogsRender command in a subprocess using mayapy)
    Vrmesh don't appear in playblast images in all preview modes except in "Maya mesh".

Click image for larger version  Name:	playblast_vrmesh_Preview_mayapy.0001.png Views:	0 Size:	26.0 KB ID:	1073093

Only "Maya mesh" preview mode enable to render a preview of the proxy, but the proxy is fully white in playlbast (like an alpha), Unfortunately it's not possible to compare anything using this render preview mode.

Click image for larger version  Name:	playblast_vrmesh_Maya_mesh_mayapy.0001.png Views:	0 Size:	25.0 KB ID:	1073094

In interactive mode all seems to work fine

Click image for larger version  Name:	playblast_vrmesh_Preview_interactif.0001.png Views:	0 Size:	29.5 KB ID:	1073095

Did you have encountered previously this issue ?
    Could I find a way to properly playblast vrmesh proxy in batch mode ?
    Is it fixed in a new version of vray_for_maya ?

Our project setup :

centos 7
    maya 2018.6
    vray_for_maya 4.12.02

I also attached some reproduction scene and python script

Yann
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mgdev; 02-06-2020, 06:44 AM.

Thanks for the provided files. We cannot seem to execute the python script correctly in order to test the actual issue. We changed the paths, but it cannot seem to find a procedure in the Maya script (happens on both Linux and Windows). Any ideas?
    http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/cm...5_17-42-11.png
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Otherwise, previews are not loaded when rendering in Batch, however, they can be activated with the following environment variable. Try setting it and see if that makes any difference.
      Code:
      VRAY_FOR_MAYA_BATCH_PREVIEWS=1
      Also, is it necessary to use the "OpenGLLegacy" preview mode, since it does use old shader versions and could be the cause of the white proxy preview?
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello Aleksandar
        Thanks for the feeback

"OpenGLLegacy" was a bad test I've done just before I send you the code.
        My user case use viewport 2

I will try to use VRAY_FOR_MAYA_BATCH_PREVIEWS environment variable

Thanks a lot
        Yann

Comment

Working...
        X