Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressive vs Bucket render

Hi guys,

This is a topic that I wanted to open for long time ago, but I needed to be sure that is really happening.
    I ask a friend to do a render test for me with my and his model.
    We have a couple of issues here.

Using the bucket system or method the result of the bucket rendering and the progressive system or method we always have different results in light, color, etc ...

When you make a progressive render and a batch render you will get the closest result.
    So we are using for a long time the bucket method just for QUICK light testing and QUICK shader testing.
    We also use the cryptomatte that is supported by the bucket system for nuke i.e.

When will be available the cryptomatte in the progressive method?
    We are using the progressive method for the final renders.

Can you please share with us your experiences?
    Are you having this huge differences on images using both methods?

Which method do you use for the final batch render mostly?

We love the paint region using the bucket method and other features that has the bucket method, but there are a lot of differences using progressive and bucket.
    We will appreciate your thoughts on this.

Cheers!
    DE: ERFINDER des Elektroautos „SION"
    EN: INVENTOR / FOUNDER of the electric vehicle "SION".

Computer #1 (Main) : Windows 10 PRO │ 2xXEON │128 GB │Quadro M4000 │ Quadro K4000 │ MaYa │vRay 5 │Phoenix FD 4 │

Even I have a powerful Computer ... I NEED CHAOS CLOUD !

There should not be any difference in the final image from using the bucket or the progressive sampler. If you come across any issue - it may be best to report it and send a scene over.
    It may also help a lot to keep an eye on the render log for any errors or warnings, as those might be clues to what's going wrong.

Progressive sampler support for the cryptomatte is not there yet, so I can't give an ETA when we'll have it.

Each sampling type (bucket / progressive) comes with its own set of advantages. For example - the bucket sampler can output deep images and cryptomatte. The progressive sampler on the other hand can be used to render with only a time limit (say - I want each frame rendered for 1 minute).
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X