X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe bug - Save Render Elements - Light Select

Hi,

I am not sure if it is or not a bug.

When I save render elements in one scene to be used in another scene. Light Selects are not saved. (when I import in another scene, all render elements are there, except light select list)
    Even if the other scene has the same lights setup/grouping already there.

The only way I found Is to save a single "light select" and re-import. But this re-import the lights from another scene. It does not re-use the ones already in the scene.

Can someone help If I am doing something wrong

Maya. 2020.2 and latest V-Ray

Thanks
    Last edited by Tyros; 23-06-2020, 01:57 PM.

There isn't a way to override the imported light selects' lights as expected without a script. Here are three variants of importing the render elements:
    1. Using the "Import" option in the Render Elements tab, indeed it brings the lights with the Light selects (all lights are imported as a matter of fact).
    2. Importing the elements by using the "Import AOVs" option (Render settings>Presets>Import AOVs). Here only the list is imported.
    3. Using a Maya scene as a reference should work if you import a scene holding only the elements plus lights. Make sure you tick the "Use referenced" option at the bottom of the Render Elements tab.

Using a separate Maya scene, which holds the lights and light selects for referencing should work best. Otherwise, I've notified our developers, so we can possibly think of a better solution.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
    X