No announcement yet.

2022 nightly issues thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I cant use the GPU lightcache because its pushes over the memory limit of my 2080ti. Without it turned on its fine with scene using about 9.3 gig. Turn on the lightcache gpu wip and it shoots up over the limit. This isnt going to be the case when normally is it? If so, it defeats the point.
    e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

Is Chaos support around? The beta site doesnt log in either for the day.
      "Oops...

We are having technical difficulties. Please try later.

"

To update on the Maya 2022 situation

Rebuilt windows, installed a fresh copy of Maya 2022, fresh beta of VRay 5.1 and V-Ray does not load with Maya 2022.
      I've installed polytrans which works with 2022 and a few other plugins. Just V-Ray refuses to load and I have no idea why it's working for others
      Maya 2020/2022
      Win 10x64
      Vray 5

Comment

Hey, sorry for the delay here, thanks for being patient. I'll try and get answers to all questions in this thread. See my posts below.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Karol.Osinski View Post
          Hi everybody,
          Great to see the update yolov , we all appreciate the hard work you guys put into it. Though, I wonder was update 1 for 3ds max also in BETA initially? I just don't wanna get used to the whole world working this way now, more and more feature we pay for are BETA and we become free BETA testers

Please don't get me wrong, I enjoy trying new things and experimenting with new features and I know this is the way things are nowadays, I just hope it won't escalate too much in V-Ray (now we have OUT OF CORE - BETA and GPU LC - BETA).
          Hi Karol,

This beta in particular is more of an exception, than a rule.
          We usually launch betas for major versions, but this time around we wanted to get people on board with our progress, especially with USD support, so we decided to open up the builds to all existing users before the official launch. We actually have never done this before and it's interesting to know if people will welcome it, both in terms of getting feedback on the features and on the fact that we have a point-release-beta.
          Update 1 for 3ds Max was not in beta, it never was. We just decided to do this for Maya and Houdini specifically.
          As for features like GPU LC and Out-of-core - those features themselves are initial implementations and we put a 'WIP' label next to them just to make sure people know this and we are working on making them more stable and robust - once that's done we'll remove the 'WIP' label, but this is completely outside of the scope of any betas or releases.
          Having said that - I noticed that there's lots of VRAM issues with GPU LC and I'll make a separate post about it.

I hope that this helps clear things up. Any further thoughts are more than welcome.

Anyway I am so excited to see some progress in displaying V-Ray materials in Maya's viewport. You guys said many times that it is really challenging to make it work in Maya.
          Progressive caustics - can't wait to try it!
          We're working on the viewport preview, I hope it was easier than it is, but I'm sure we'll get there soon. I'll be making posts on the forums for any updates we have on our progress.

I got to mention that I am on NVIDIA driver version of 462.31 which is newer than recommended. In the meantime , I will rollback the driver to the recommended one and hope that most of my GPU IPR fatal errors will disappear.
          I saw your other post that even the recommended driver doesn't help. Can you tell me what's in the scene roughly? And what's the video card? For example, are there a lot of proxy objects in the scene? Or lots of displacement/subdivision?
          Thanks in advance.
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by snivlem View Post
            Is Chaos support around? The beta site doesnt log in either for the day.
            "Oops...

We are having technical difficulties. Please try later.
            I think that was a temporary problem that was resolved quickly. It should be working fine now.

"
            To update on the Maya 2022 situation

Rebuilt windows, installed a fresh copy of Maya 2022, fresh beta of VRay 5.1 and V-Ray does not load with Maya 2022.
            I've installed polytrans which works with 2022 and a few other plugins. Just V-Ray refuses to load and I have no idea why it's working for others
            Is this with the zip builds or with the regular installer ?

Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by francomanko View Post
              So I cant use the GPU lightcache because its pushes over the memory limit of my 2080ti. Without it turned on its fine with scene using about 9.3 gig. Turn on the lightcache gpu wip and it shoots up over the limit. This isnt going to be the case when normally is it? If so, it defeats the point.
              Originally posted by Muhammed_Hamed View Post
              I'm having issues with GPU LC in production mode as well
              It stops on building LC most of the time, then I cannot close the render like you

If you turn GPU LC off, everything works fine in production rendering..
              And yeah LC GPU uses a lot of VRAM, nearly double the amount that the IPR uses.. I'm testing this now, and will report soon
              Can you tell me what's in the scene (roughtly)? For example: are there proxy objects, maybe lots of them? Lots of displacement and/or subdivision?
              Alex Yolov
              Product Manager
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Yolov,

Proxies yeah, i wouldnt say that many, some grass a few trees, nothing that heavy for scenes these days. No subdivisions or displacements. If it ends up using an extra 1.5gig of ram..probably going to be an issue
                e: info@adriandenne.com
                w: www.adriandenne.com

Comment

For anyone else that got error in line 316 with Maya and where V-Ray will not load,

You'll have to modify the Path "user variable" in windows' environment variables.

If you have a previous version of Maya installed (in my case Maya 2020) just remove the "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2020\bin" entry and keep the "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\bin" entry.
                  Haven't seen this occur before but it seems that will fix Maya's issue in not loading V-Ray.

I'm not sure why other 3rd party plugins loaded with the old Maya path in there but definitely fixed it for me

yolov , it happened with the regular installer
                  Last edited by snivlem; 11-05-2021, 06:41 PM.
                  Maya 2020/2022
                  Win 10x64
                  Vray 5

Comment

Originally posted by snivlem View Post
                    For anyone else that got error in line 316 with Maya and where V-Ray will not load,

You'll have to modify the Path "user variable" in windows' environment variables.

If you have a previous version of Maya installed (in my case Maya 2020) just remove the "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2020\bin" entry and keep the "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\bin" entry.
                    Haven't seen this occur before but it seems that will fix Maya's issue in not loading V-Ray.

I'm not sure why other 3rd party plugins loaded with the old Maya path in there but definitely fixed it for me

yolov , it happened with the regular installer
                    o.O that's... a little weird.

I'm not sure I would recommend this workaround, Maya itself may stop working (well, if you have uninstalled 2020, then it "should" be fine)
                    It sounds like somehow your PATH variable was wrong, I don't know what may have caused this.
                    But glad you have a working solution! Thanks for sharing!
                    Alex Yolov
                    Product Manager
                    www.chaos.com

Comment

I think AD broke something with Maya 2022, looking around forums, it happened to Renderman,and some other plugins. Been using Maya since 2005 and haven't seen this one before!
                      As soon as V-Ray is released anyway and VRayScatter, no need for Maya 2020!
                      Maya 2020/2022
                      Win 10x64
                      Vray 5

Comment

Hi yolov , thanks for the comprehensive answers.
                        My mistake with the drivers was that I always looked at the STUDIO driver instead of GAME one, Now I am on recommended game driver 461.09 and I am getting much, much less CUDA fatal errors than before. Still happens from time to time, mind you.

btw I usually don't have much proxies / displacement in my scenes. When I do, it means the scene is big and I have to go CPU for this reason anyway.

Thanks,
                        Karol
                        My Artstation
                        Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
                        Sun Tsu

Comment

Alright. What about render resolution ? And also are there many render elements ?
                          Alex Yolov
                          Product Manager
                          www.chaos.com

Comment

I am using the zip installation method and V-Ray won't load. The plugins are listed in the plugin manager but when I try to load them, I get the following error:
                            Code:
                            // Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2020/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 317: Unable to dynamically load : Z:/Vray/vray_adv_51020_maya2020_x64/maya_vray/plug-ins/vrayformaya.mll
                            The specified module could not be found.
                            //
                            // Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2020/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 317: The specified module could not be found.
                            (vrayformaya) //
                            I noticed that the folder .../maya_root now only contains the modules folder. The folders bin and plug-ins are now .../maya_vray/... as far as I can tell.
                            Is this this correct?
                            Florian von Behr
                            CG Supervisor
                            The Scope GmbH
                            Behance

Comment

still having troubles with purple fringing and ocio. tried with native maya 2022 and legacy color management. (had the same issue on Maya 2020.4)

Using todays nightly build.

Comment

Originally posted by TheScope View Post
                                I am using the zip installation method and V-Ray won't load. The plugins are listed in the plugin manager but when I try to load them, I get the following error:
                                Code:
                                // Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2020/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 317: Unable to dynamically load : Z:/Vray/vray_adv_51020_maya2020_x64/maya_vray/plug-ins/vrayformaya.mll
                                The specified module could not be found.
                                //
                                // Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2020/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 317: The specified module could not be found.
                                (vrayformaya) //
                                I noticed that the folder .../maya_root now only contains the modules folder. The folders bin and plug-ins are now .../maya_vray/... as far as I can tell.
                                Is this this correct?
                                Yes, there are changes to the installation layout. Maya_root only hold the render_desc.xml now and all v-ray related files are in maya_vray.
                                We've uploaded the changes to our docs, so it's best to refer to the correct setup for zip builds here: https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...ation+from+zip
                                Alex Yolov
                                Product Manager
                                www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                                X