Vray Material Library not working in Maya 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Material Library not working in Maya 2022

I just installed V-Ray 5 for Maya 2022 using all of the default installation settings and am still unable to activate the new Vray Material Library nested in the Vray shelf. I've looking through the help page in the Vray Material Library section and it suggests this may be necessary if custom installing from the zip file but it sounds like it should be automatic in the regular install. Any idea how I can fix this? I would LOVE to start using the new Materials Library

I'm using the newest build of V-Ray for Maya 2022 on a Windows 10 PC. Not sure what other information is relevant but happy to provide more context!

It should be automatic.
    First of all, check if the V-Ray Material Library is indeed in the default location (C:\Users\<user>\Documents\V-Ray Material Library). If it's not downloaded, you can do it manually through the "mtllib.exe" (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2022\vray\bin).
    If it is indeed there, check if the Path is correctly set in the Registry Editor (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Chaos Group\V-Ray Material Library\Download Path).

If neither of these suggestions are resolving the issue, reinstall V-Ray with the advanced options and ensure the "Download V-Ray Material Library" checkbox is active. Do send us the "install.log" (C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\Maya 2022 for x64\uninstall) if the issue persists.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

This worked, thanks so much! For some reason the basic install did not download the library into my documents - user error I'm sure

Comment

Working...
      X