Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightmix, ACES and green lights

Hi,

Im just trying out rendering with aces, so im presuming ive broken something

This is rendering in GPU rtx,

I have the ACES 1.2 config set, with correct settings in VFB. When i render with lightmix, you can see the light source, that is white..is rendering green. Also if you look at the attached video, you can see some weird stuff going on when its rendering.

I've attached the scene. Maya 2022, latest Vray 5 release.

Low and behold, in cpu mode it looks fine.

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	aces.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	1120400
    Attached Files
    e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

ok so ive shared another video and scene here. (GPU RENDER)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WB?usp=sharing

I dont know what the hell is going on but its doing my head in.....

When i render with lightmix for some reason, the selected rectangle light is contributing to its own channel but only green light,

Click image for larger version  Name:	green.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.6 KB ID:	1120443

but also in the the 'REST' channel.....
    Click image for larger version  Name:	rest.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.9 KB ID:	1120444

If i then go and delete one of the other lights in the scene, and re render, it works as expected, the original rectangle light no longer contributes to the Rest channel and is the correct color...you have to look at the video to see what i mean.

I dont know why, what i did or anything....the only thing i can think of is that im cursed
    Last edited by francomanko; 25-07-2021, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Hey francomanko,

The good news is, you're not cursed. And this has nothing to do with the ACES/Color Management settings (it also happens if we remove the ocio config).

This only seems to happen if Cryptomatte RE is added. If we remove it, all should be fine - you can check on your end as well. Looks like it's fixed in the latest nightly builds, so hopefully it should be out soon. Thanks for the pointer :P
      Nikoleta Garkova | chaos.com

Comment

Awesome, thx

Comment

Working...
        X