Peak memory for "Misc."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peak memory for "Misc."

I'm curious what "misc" covers, in the memory stats?

On my current sequence it accounts for more than half the total amount of memory spent - sometimes >50GB - so it would be helpful with more granular statistics to aid in optimizing.

Thanks,
    Dan

Refer to this topic for an answer.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Aleksandar. Thanks for the link - I must've missed that thread.

So basically no one knows where my 50+ gigs of memory goes ? Or do you have some insights on what the "memory utilization without a category" _could_ in theory cover? Volume stuff? Aovs? Some acceleration structures? Cat gifs?

Comment

The scene itself is required to determine which component is utilizing the memory, Send it via the contact form. Address it to me in the subject and include a link to this thread in the message.

Comment

It's a complex scene referencing many layers from various departments adding up to 100s of GBs of data and all depending on our own USD ArResolver/plugins for rendering, so it's not easy to pack up and ship out in working condition. And even if I could, our clients don't allow it.

I guess I wish "Misc." could (optionally, perhaps?) be broken down into finer bits then for more detailed diagnostics. That's a feature request

Comment

I'd like to dig into this a bit further, if you don't mind, hermit.crab .

If we ignore specific scenes and their memory usage for a moment: Is is possible for you to shed some light on what kind of data/structs - that VRay consumes/authors - are not currently assigned to a particular category? Any info here might help us in tracking down memory issues.

Comment

Similar discussion here, refer to the last reply for an answer.

Comment

"The "Misc" category is, as I already mentioned, plugins, which do not fit into any of the listed categories (i.e. decals)"
                That's frustratingly vague.

Comment

As I already mentioned, a scene is required for more details about your project's Misc category, since the category is dependent on the specific scenario.

Comment

Working...
                  X