can not import render settings or render elements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can not import render settings or render elements

Maya 2020.4 V-Ray 5 for Maya, update 1 (v5.10.20 from Jun 15 2021)

Hello, when I export render settings (*.json) or saving a render elements (*. mb) file I can not import them. I uninstalled Arnold but this does not help either. With Vray 4.3 it works in Maya 2020.4? when I try to import the json file I get this message:
    # Error: line 1: RuntimeError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2020\Python\lib\site-packages\maya\app\renderSetup\views\renderSetupPre ferences.py line 116: Invalid preset found C:/Users/fdubiel/Documents/maya/Presets\HiPhiTunnel.json #

attached you will find a TEST.json file in a zip

thanks Florian D.
    Attached Files

Hello there,

Can you confirm from where do you export/import files (Render Settings, Render Setup and/or Render Elements).

Kind Regards,
    Dimitrina

Comment

Hello Dimitrina, sure, I save the render settings from the Render Settings window of Maya -> Render settings window -> Presets -> Export Render Settings. To import them -> Render settings window -> Presets -> Import Render Settings - > User .....
      To save the render elements I go the render elements tab in the Render Settings. Select the ones I want to export and then Save. Or click on Import to load a set of render elements. In the past it was working fine. We have no clue what causes this issue.

thanks Florian D.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi, Florian.
        I can confirm there is an issue when importing render elements through Render Elements tab which is logged in our internal bug tracker system with id VMAYA-10556 for investigation.
        Meanwhile, as a workaround you can use Render Settings dialog to export render elements through Presets > Export AOVs and import them back from Presets > Import AOVs.

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce on my side the other issue regarding the import of render settings.
        The export and import of render settings works fine, it is OK even with the test json file you have provided without errors.
        My guess is that the error message for the invalid json preset might appear because for example you have chosen from Presets > Set Preferred Render Settings a file which was deleted at some point and further usage of the menu options from the Render settings dialog caused the error from the Render Setup system. Can you check if that is the case?
        Iliyana Vladeva
        V-Ray for Maya developer

Comment

Working...
        X