Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to generate object ID multimatte with mesh light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to generate object ID multimatte with mesh light?

I have an object that is inside two layers of glass material and need to generate an object ID multimatte for it. I can do this no problem when it's a simple object, but when it's converted to a mesh light (which I need) the matte no longer generates. Surely this isn't a limitation of mesh lights with multimattes?

Works fine with both Material and Object IDs. Make sure that the Red, Green, Blue values (defaults are 0,0,0 which I presume led to this confusion) in the MultiMatte AOV are set accordingly.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

No, it was all set up correctly, although actually my original post was inaccurate -- I was using Material and not Object IDs. When I set up an Object ID, this works. But I am still unable to get anything generated with a Material ID on an object with a Mesh Light attached. My workaround has had to be to create an Object ID multimatte just for that object.
      Last edited by SonyBoy; 30-09-2021, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Huh, you're right, I must have made a mistake when testing. Anyway, since the Object ID method works, make use of it.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

OK, thanks for confirming. At least I know I'm not doing something wrong. Seems like a strange limitation though.

Comment

Working...
          X