Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lighting different when exporting vrscene

Hi Guys,

Are there any known problems with lights when exported (and rendered) as vrscene ? I have a scene with animated vray lights (Vray Rect and Vray Sphere), animated in position and intensity but also visibility. I don't have so much time to test, but my first exports show light at first frame as everything should be dark.
    For now, I'm rendering in Mayabatch commandline mode as I don't have the time to see exactly what goes wrong (Maya batch works well).
    I never experienced this problem until today.

Maya 2019.3.1 / Vray V5.10.20
    www.mirage-cg.com

Rendering in Maya and in Standalone (through .vrscene) is identical.
    Maybe you've keyed an attribute that can't be animated. What visibility attributes have you keyed? What do you need to achieve?
    If the attribute is not animatable, you may be seeing one thing for a single frame render in Maya and another when the whole animation is exported to vrscene.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
      Rendering in Maya and in Standalone (through .vrscene) is identical.
      Maybe you've keyed an attribute that can't be animated. What visibility attributes have you keyed? What do you need to achieve?
      If the attribute is not animatable, you may be seeing one thing for a single frame render in Maya and another when the whole animation is exported to vrscene.
      Yes, Sometimes I'm animating the visibility of objects and this time I animated the visibility of some lights from one frame to the other. It could be that this "animation" is not supported by the vrscene export. I will try to do some more tests because I would like to render via standalone in command line.
      I wanted to have only one scene for different lighting setups, that's why I keyed the visibility of lights rather than animating the intensity....
      www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

It is damn strange. I have no more hidden lights, all lights are at intensity 0 at frame 800, but when I export to vrscene, and render frame 800 there is some light !
        www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

so far I could only achieve a completely dark render only if I delete all the animated lights I do not understand...
          www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

If I remove the animation from the lights, and put all lights to 0, it works. It's as if when I have animated lights, it add by default the default values of intensity, even if the light should be at 0. Still investigating.
            www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

If you can tell me what parameters you're animating, that might give me some ideas. For example - is the 'enabled' parameter of light?
              And if you can share what you need to achieve - that might also give us ideas on coming up with more possible solutions.
              Alex Yolov
              Product Manager
              www.chaos.com

Comment

If you can tell me what parameters you're animating, that might give me some ideas. For example - is the 'enabled' parameter of light?
                And if you can share what you need to achieve - that might also give us ideas on coming up with more possible solutions.
                I will strip down a scene asap.
                www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

Thanks. It will be useful to know what the goal is. What should the rendering look like if it all went as you expect?
                  Alex Yolov
                  Product Manager
                  www.chaos.com

Comment

So, here is a preview and the scene. Again, I'm working with Maya 2019.3.1 / Vray V5.10.20 here.
                    Nothing fancy, only some lights going on and going out.
                    On the left, you have what I keyed and what is rendered from Maya (or mayabatch), on the right, you have what is rendered when exporting vrscene and rendering from standalone.
                    Basically, what happens, is that all lights are animated in the Intensity Multiplier and should start with a value of 0. Obviously, when exporting a vrscene, the starting values are not 0 but something else, and once the animated light goes again to 0 it works.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vrscene_1.gif
Views:	112
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	1134158

Chaos_strip_down.zip
                    www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

So... Did I do any mistake again ?
                      www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

I forgot to mention that I was rendering Camera1 from frame 800 to frame 1230.
                        www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

Yep, got the files, seeing the same thing and I'll be looking into it over the next few days.
                          I'll come back to the thread when I have something.
                          Alex Yolov
                          Product Manager
                          www.chaos.com

Comment

Looking at the rendered results - it looks like the render from Maya is correct, when comparing to what values are animated.
                            Standalone seems to render incorrectly - i.e. some of the lights actually work when they should not.
                            The funny thing is that the standalone export is correct, or at least it looks correct.

Can you confirm for me that the render from Maya is what you expect (and Standalone is wrong)?
                            Alex Yolov
                            Product Manager
                            www.chaos.com

Comment

Looking at the rendered results - it looks like the render from Maya is correct, when comparing to what values are animated.
                              Standalone seems to render incorrectly - i.e. some of the lights actually work when they should not.
                              The funny thing is that the standalone export is correct, or at least it looks correct.

Can you confirm for me that the render from Maya is what you expect (and Standalone is wrong)?
                              Yes Yolov, it's exactly that. I can confirm that Maya render is correct and standalone render is wrong.
                              www.mirage-cg.com

Comment

Working...
                              X