Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vray Maya-> nParticles Weirdness (detailed below)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Maya-> nParticles Weirdness (detailed below)

Thank you. I have been playing with Vray rendering nParticles in Maya for about a week off and on. What I am trying to do is render particles so they have motion blur. In Arnold, it works as it should once you set the motion blur on (photo attached). In VRay, I get no motion blur (2nd photo).

I have attached an updated scene file that only has Vray in it (no Arnold) to hopefully make it clearer the problem I am having.

Is it just that Vray does not play nice with nParticles? Or am I missing something very simple? Thank you!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by patrick_ortman; 21-12-2021, 02:18 PM. Reason: added new vray only scene for debug plus vray sample render w no motion blur

Yes, something must have happened since the issue is not present in V-Ray for Maya 5.00.00. I've logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-10963) for developer investigation. As a workaround, you may remove the V-Ray Physical Camera attribute and use the Motion blur from the Render Settings (Overrides>Camera).
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thank you, Aleksandar. However, maybe I am doing something wrong because when I take the scene I uploaded here and remove the VRay Physical Camera attributes, then go into Overrides>Camera to turn on motion blur I still see no motion blur when I render in the frame viewer.

Comment

Make sure you're rendering production (motion blur is currently disabled in IPR).
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

This works very well. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X