Proxies in wireframe mode not visible anymore after update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proxies in wireframe mode not visible anymore after update

We updated our vray version in Maya 2019 to the latest version (i think from 5022 to 52001). But now proxies made in Maya 2022 are not visible anymore in the wireframe mode in the viewport. In shaded mode they are visible.
    Before the update all proxies (made in 2019 and 2022) were visible in the wireframe mode.
    We have the same thing on serveral machines.

Both old and new V-Ray Proxies seem to be correctly displayed in Wireframe mode on my end (tested with 5.20.01, Maya 2022). Could you attach a simple scene and some screencaps so we can take a look?
    Attached Files
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Did you test it in Maya 2019 with proxies that are made in 2022 ? Then it happens.

Comment

Yeah, still visible. Are you testing with freshly created proxies? Does it happen with proxies created in Maya 2019 and loaded in Maya 2019? A scene would be lovely...

Comment

I attached a screenshot. At the top you see 2 perspective views. Left is wireframe and right shaded.
          You can download the files here: https://download.i2.nl/proxies

For your understanding i will explain the situation. A while ago we upgraded from Maya 2019 tot 2022. For 2022 we took the vray version that whas current in that time (v5.10.21)
          I seemed that there was a problem with proxies made in 2019 in maya 2022. As soon as you imported them into 2022 it would crash. So we converted all our proxies (a lot) to maya 2022.
          But when we worked with Maya 2022 we discovered a lot of bugs. So we had to back to 2019. That was no problem till we recently updated the vray version and all proxies were gone in wireframe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	proxies.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	516.3 KB
ID:	1136461
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the provided scene. Interesting. There may be something specific about the proxy itself but the devs need to take a look. I've logged an issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-1099. For now, you can switch the VRayProxy's Geometry to Load mode to either Bounding Boxes or Full Geometry, which seems to work as expected. Importing the .vrmesh as an old proxy is also a solution until the issue is resolved.

Comment

Working...
            X