Viewport IPR keeps refreshing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewport IPR keeps refreshing

I am using Maya2022 and VRay 5.2.1. My graphics cards are RTX3090 with NVLink with the latest Studio Driver (512.15) The viewport IPR keeps refreshing and won't stop. IPR works fine on the same machine with Maya 2020, but I upgraded hoping to fix a problem with Viewport 2 (some textures would show black and glittery, not sure why). Now Viewport 2 works fine, but IPR doesn't work.

Does this happen on every scene you load in Maya 2022? Could you record a video reproduction of the issue?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi Aleksandar,

I tried three different files and each had issues. One of the files would not display the nCloth at all and it would just disappear in the IPR viewport. The files all had one thing in common, nCloth simulation. Just in case it was a Maya \ V-Ray backwards compatibility issue (the earlier files were Maya2015 \ 2020 with earlier V-Ray) I recreated a simple scene with ncloth on a local drive with the current setup. I adjusted the IPR settings backwards and forwards for quality, denoiser on and off etcetera with no difference. Viewport 2 works with no issue. I have attached the recording below. I have a better recording, but it was too large to upload.
      Attached Files

Comment

Everything works fine on a simple scene, so it must be something specific. Could you send the recreated scene via the contact form so we can take a look? Mention me and include a link to this thread.

Comment

As per support request: id #34664
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Toula Lee; 20-04-2022, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Everything works fine on my end (check gif). Two things I noticed, which I doubt would be the cause - your render engine is set to Maya Software and you've not sent the Diffuse .tif image. Also, the latest recommended GPU driver is 497.09; try downgrading.

Comment

Oops sorry about that, I haven't set my preferences yet so it defaulted back to Maya render, but changing the render engine to V-Ray sadly makes no difference. The tif file is very large so I can't attach it as is, I can try and resize and post it if you need it. The problem still occurs with just a default material with no texture applied though. Let me roll back the driver, and I will let you know how I go?

Comment

I rolled back the driver to the previous one installed, and the problem seems to be fixed! I am getting Optix Warning: line 1: V-Ray : [VUtils::ContextImpl::init] 7801: OptiX failed to initialize. Error code : 7801 // which I believe is to do with an Outdated Graphics Driver though. The driver version you have listed above is for a Game Ready Driver. I am using a Studio driver, do you recommend the Game Driver instead?

Comment

There shouldn't be a difference between the Studio and Game Ready drivers. Have you restarted your workstation after installing the driver?

Comment

Yes, I have restarted the workstation and everything is working nicely. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
                    X