Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VrayDirt ignore self occlusion not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayDirt ignore self occlusion not working?

I'm running build 31358 and not sure if the "ignore self occlusion" is working right. Here's a render with it on and off. I'm not seeing a difference, but the black object appears to be self-occluding either way where the yellow shows up. In this case, I only want it to happen where the tubes are intersecting the black object.

thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sentry66; 22-04-2022, 07:22 PM.

Also, just noticed that the "Work with transparency" attribute is missing? The Vray 5.2 documentation says it should be there at the bottom of the page

Comment

You're right - there is something the matter with the "Ignore Self Occlusion" option. I've logged it (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-11214) for developer investigation. Not sure if there's a workaround, sadly.

Quoting the docs: "The Work With Transparency parameter was renamed to Ignore Invisible Objects, and the Result Affect parameter was renamed to Affected By in V-Ray 5, Hotfix 1 for Maya (version 5.00.21)."
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Just so you know, we've fixed the issue in our internal builds. The fix will most likely be picked for the next release.

Comment

Has this fix been pushed? Im in 52f66362 from 10th April, should this be in there? Im having to use exclusion to get it to ignore self-occlusion.

Comment

Originally posted by bender83 View Post
            Has this fix been pushed? Im in 52f66362 from 10th April, should this be in there? Im having to use exclusion to get it to ignore self-occlusion.
            Yes, it has. It's already in the official build (May 18th, 2023).

Comment

Working...
            X