Chaos Cosmos asset animation bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos Cosmos asset animation bug

Hi guys, I've got a simple bit of animation in a scene whereby I need some grouped Chaos Cosmos assets to move with the group that they are in.Unfortunately, when the group animate the cosmos assets remain in their original position.
    If I switch the geometry mode from Full Geometry to Bounding Box or preview (or from either of those to one of the others) the asset then pops in to the place where it should've animated to - Like its just updated it's position then.
    The same happens should I try to animate the position of the asset itself, rather than the group it's in.
    This vid demonstrates what I'm trying to say, the bookcase, lamp, and grey vase are vray proxy/chaos cosmos assets.
    https://youtu.be/07-mk7986AU

Might anyone know where I could be going wrong?

- note, this is happening with some other vray proxies in the scene too, not ones downloaded from cosmos.
    Last edited by sebbiej; 03-05-2022, 09:16 AM.

We have an similar issue with proxys: When we open up the scene the proxys are sitting at the origin. When we select them in the outliner, they switch to their right position. Did you try to render the scene as it seems to be only a viewport problem.

Comment

Originally posted by seq View Post
      We have an similar issue with proxys: When we open up the scene the proxys are sitting at the origin. When we select them in the outliner, they switch to their right position. Did you try to render the scene as it seems to be only a viewport problem.
      I haven't tried to render it yet, I'll give it a go later today to see if the render is updating as it should. But that's encouraging that it's rendering correctly on your end. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

im having the same problem. im just trying to animate a car from point a to b. seems the pivot point animates but not the car. if i move the pivot point, the car snaps into place.

Edit: it is a viewport issue. If i turn on V-ray IPR, i can see it animate. still a big program as animating in V-ray IPR too slow.
        Last edited by sean_brown; 06-05-2022, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sebbiej View Post
          Hi guys, I've got a simple bit of animation in a scene whereby I need some grouped Chaos Cosmos assets to move with the group that they are in.Unfortunately, when the group animate the cosmos assets remain in their original position.
          If I switch the geometry mode from Full Geometry to Bounding Box or preview (or from either of those to one of the others) the asset then pops in to the place where it should've animated to - Like its just updated it's position then.
          The same happens should I try to animate the position of the asset itself, rather than the group it's in.
          This vid demonstrates what I'm trying to say, the bookcase, lamp, and grey vase are vray proxy/chaos cosmos assets.
          https://youtu.be/07-mk7986AU

Might anyone know where I could be going wrong?

- note, this is happening with some other vray proxies in the scene too, not ones downloaded from cosmos.
          have you found a solution yet as to how get cosmos assets to move during Viewport 2.0 playback?

Comment

Originally posted by sean_brown View Post

have you found a solution yet as to how get cosmos assets to move during Viewport 2.0 playback?
            Not yet, sorry! I kinda gave up on it. As long as they render out then it's ok for this scene that I'm working on, as it's relatively simple.

Comment

Originally posted by sebbiej View Post

Not yet, sorry! I kinda gave up on it. As long as they render out then it's ok for this scene that I'm working on, as it's relatively simple.
              bummer. I'm surprised they are allowing issue. These are impossible to animate without the ability to playing it back in viewport.

Comment

Working...
              X