V Ray mapped texture files moving during renders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V Ray mapped texture files moving during renders

Working in Maya 2022 with V ray v5.20.01 I have a rigged crab that has its textures sliding during renders. If I place the same shader on another piece of geometry it stays in place. I have tried all Maya and v ray shaders it still happens. The animation is not some thing I can ditch. Any thoughts on why this may be happening? I tried V ray Bake options on default an the Jpg Png file still slides. Going crazy now help please.
    Attached Files

Hello,

Is it possible to send the assets for the scene (the two textures) and also a video of how you are able to reproduce this problem?
    Which OS you are using?

Kind Regards,
    Dimitrina Milanova

Comment

I am on windows 10 enterprise v1909 OS build 18363.2274 Graphic card is NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000. The zip file above is the striped down version of the working file I'll see if I can send my test textures on this post. The HDRI file is 19mb and will not send in this forum. Any hdri will do. I will upload still shots of frame 1 and frame 5 to show sliding of texture. Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

The below shots are from a persp cam attached to the locator that is moving the crab in 3d space to match clips set up in the time editor. The shader only slides on the crab. If I place the same shader on a new cube or ball, no sliding. I am not projecting the texture on the geometry. And have tried v ray shaders and Maya shaders same results. The crab rigging is standard but it is making the texture slide.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello again,

It looks like your problem is coming from uncleared (not deleted) history of the model, which is noting to do with the shader you are using.
          Can you please unbind the rig from the model, delete the models history and bind the skin again? You might have to fix part of the skinning again, but overall, this should fix your problem.

Kind Regards,
          Dimitrina Milanova

Comment

You Fixed it! Delete Non-Deformer History Cleared it up Thank You

Comment

Working...
            X