cant animate bercon transforms!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant animate bercon transforms!!!

Hey. Just noticed at is not possible to animate the transforms in a bercon noise. I can't even plug a float into the UVW generator parameters. nor expressions... This is basic stuff, Chaos group. Get on it asap.

We are aware of the limitation (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-11346). I'll bump its priority additionally. The current workaround is to map values to a Float Constant, which can be animated instead. I'll note the UVW Generator Parameters issue as well.
    Last edited by hermit.crab; 28-08-2022, 11:34 PM.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

I know the workaround for animating the phase, but there isn't a workaround for the transforms (uvw general parameters). You can't plug anything into them. you can only lock attribute.

Comment

Honestly guys, when are you going to fix this??

Comment

Hello again. You really need to fix this. When can we expect an update? had strongly hoped for a fix in the recent update...

Comment

The issue is already on our to-do lists and development will begin very soon. Hang in there.

EDIT:
            Turns out you can reveal the keying controls of the parameters through MEL.
            Code:
            vray setAttrConnectable VRayBerconNoise1 uvwgen_offset_x 1;
            This will make the Transform Offset X-axis keyable (right-click on the attribute). You can check the other parameter names (i.e. uvwgen_size_z) by changing their value and checking the Script Editor for their name. Or list all the parameters like so (VRayBerconNoise1 is the name of the texture node):
            Code:
            listAttr VRayBerconNoise1
            I tried rendering a sequence and it seemed to work.
            Last edited by hermit.crab; 22-05-2023, 04:45 AM.
            Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

It works ! Thanks. looking forward to a permanent fix though

Comment

Working...
              X