Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting vrscene issue

Hi all,

When I try exporting a vrscene everything works but VRay doesn't exit out of the batch rendering. It just sits there. I have updated the license server and found that when I remove the Maya preference file it will export out o.k. for a couple of times before VRay reverts back to the same issue. Any suggestions?

Does this happen with every scene, or just a particular one?
    What versions of Maya and V-Ray are you using?
    This is vrscene export from maya batch, correct? Does this mean you're passing the -exportFileName and -noRender​ flags or is the maya scene simply saved to export, instead of render?
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Yolov, thanks for looking into this. Yes it happens with every scene. I tested it with a new scene with only a cube and a dome light, a scene from an previous production I know worked. I have re installed a fresh copy of Maya 2023, removed the preference directory, a clean install of VRay 5 and license server but that didn't solve the issue.

When I export out multiple layers it will some times export out a number of render layers successfully and then stop on another one.

I sometimes see this message pop up but not very often "This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized ..."

Thanks

Comment

Following up on where we are with this issue. Someone from Chaos looked into this and was able to reproduce it. It looks like it's a bug inside VRay and they'll get back to me as soon as they have a solution.

Comment

Hey, sorry for the delay, we've been looking into this for some time now.
          It seems we've found something not related to V-Ray. Just as an experiment - can you make sure that Arnold is NOT loaded and try again? You may have to unload it and delete any arnold nodes from the scene before saving again and/or save to a .ma and delete any mentions of "requires" and "arnold" (usually in the beginning of the file).
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Yolov,

Thanks for getting back to me. That's exactly what I've done. Unchecked Arnold AND Bifrost. That seems to work but that's a crude workaround and not a fix. It helps me out for now but I sure hope you guys are working on a fix for this.

Comment

We ... have reported it to Autodesk, since it seems to be an issue with Arnold. It looks like the latest mtoa versions will cause freezes in batch even without V-Ray.
              There's nothing more we can do for now.
              Alex Yolov
              Product Manager
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Alex,

Thanks for letting me know. That is very interesting and important information. Is this something you can let your users know. It takes us a lot of trouble shooting when we run into issues like these and it sometimes very hard and time consuming to find the information in these forums. I love this forum but there is so much in there that it can take a lot of digging through post before we stumble on relevant information. Sending out an email with this kind of info could be very useful.

Comment

I'll think about it and discuss it with the teams here. Thanks for bringing it up.
                  Alex Yolov
                  Product Manager
                  www.chaos.com

Comment

Arnold causing lack of exit after render has been reported on forums jere for almost a year now several times. Maybe it should be made a sticky post ontop of forum

Comment

Yes, I was thinking of the same - will put a sticky.
                      Alex Yolov
                      Product Manager
                      www.chaos.com

Comment

I've added a sticky - you can see it here - https://forums.chaos.com/forum/v-ray...wn-maya-issues

I'll update the sticky thread once we can confirm the fixes in future Maya updates.
                        Alex Yolov
                        Product Manager
                        www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
                        X