Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VRAY dirt self "ignore self occlusion" option has no effect - Vray 5 for Maya update 1 v5.10.20 - Maya 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRAY dirt self "ignore self occlusion" option has no effect - Vray 5 for Maya update 1 v5.10.20 - Maya 2018

I'm trying to create a simple contact shadow element for one of my shots using vray dirt connected to a Vray light material. I have geometry for my environment but I do not want the environment object to self-occlude, for obvious reasons. I only want my animated object to cast occlusion on said environment. To this end, I typically enable "ignore self occlusion". However, in this case, the self occlusion still shows the dark values, as if the option is not being considered at all. I can consistently reproduce the issue in a very simple scene, with a sphere and a plane, where the plane has the Vray Dirt material assigned. It is also interesting to note that "consider same object only" does work as intended. Is this a bug?

Yes, it's an issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-11214) that we're already aware of. I'll bump its priority.
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by hermit.crab View Post
      Yes, it's an issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-11214) that we're already aware of. I'll bump its priority.
      Thank you!!!

Comment

Just so you know, we've fixed the issue in our internal builds. The fix will most likely be picked for the next release.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X