Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"No Object matches name: vrayDisplacementMinValue" - vray attributes doesn't show after Maya2023/Vray6 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No Object matches name: vrayDisplacementMinValue" - vray attributes doesn't show after Maya2023/Vray6 upgrade

Hi,

Since I updated both my Maya to Maya 2023 and Vray to the Vray 6, I've got problem popping on old scenes created with earlier versions of both software.

What happens is that uppon opening those old scenes and selecting some object that have a vrayDisplacement attributes attached it doesn't show anymore and it give me this error:
    "// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Chaos Group/V-Ray/Maya 2023 for x64/maya_vray/./scripts/vrayAEFunctions.mel line 663: No object matches name: vrayDisplacement.vrayDisplacementMinValue"

Also when I click the attribute menu in the attribute editor on the shape tab, I get a very strange thing happening (see image below)

Click image for larger version

Name:	AttributesProblem.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	710.4 KB
ID:	1164444

This object is meant to have attributes that doesnt show here. In the menu the Displacement is active but isn't in the vray attribute sub menu. Same for the round edges (don't know what it's doing here...), it's attached but not selected in the menu...
    When I try to disable Displacement the whole vray attributes sub tab disapear. When trying to reactivate it doesnt show either.

Any idea what is happening ? It's not doing this on newly created object so I guess that's some sort of version issue.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled vray but it did nothing.

Thanks you for your answer,
    Have a good day.
    Attached Files

Could you attach the scene here (or send it via the contact form) so we can take a look?
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi There
      Did you find a solution for this? I have the same strange behavior...

Update: i installed V Ray 5 and the error is gone, seems to be a bug in the update of V6

Best regards
      Last edited by thorstenswiss; 26-11-2022, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Hi Aleksandar

just send the e-mail with a scene containing the setup causing the problem. (Id #69816)
        Please let me know if you need more details....

Comment

Excuse the late reply. We've figured out what's causing the issue. It seems the "Displacement Control" attribute UI does not transfer correctly from V-Ray 5 to V-Ray 6, however, it should work as expected. The displacement control parameters are still there, in the Extra Attributes rollout. We've logged the issue (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-12454) for developer investigation.
          Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
          Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
          X