Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Object properties "Matte Object" not rendering as before.

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Object properties "Matte Object" not rendering as before.

I'm doing some testing with Maya 2022 and Vray 6.00.02 on a scene that was previously set up using Maya 2020 and Vray 5.20.01. Objects that are part of an object properties set that are set to "matte object" and with alpha set to black hole (-1) are now knocking out their corresponding pixels from the image plane, resulting in black. Previously these parts of the image plane would render as normal into RGB. For previewing purposes etc. it is undesirable to have them render this way.

Is this by design, and if so what is the thinking behind it? Seems like this was working fine before, with the pixels in the image plane rendering into the RGB being the most intuitive and desirable result. Is there a new setting/workflow to attain the previous behavior?
    Last edited by SonyBoy; 03-01-2023, 02:35 PM.
  • Answer selected by hermit.crab at 02-03-2023, 02:17 AM.

Yes, we are aware of the issue. It's already logged (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-11551) for developer investigation. I guess you could work around it by using a background environment override instead.

Comment

Just in case a visual explanation is needed:
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, we are aware of the issue. It's already logged (internal bug-tracker id: VMAYA-11551) for developer investigation. I guess you could work around it by using a background environment override instead.
        Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Ah, OK. Thanks for the confirmation it's not a new "feature" or I'm doing something wrong. Does this only occur with Vray 5 to Vray 6 conversions, or is this native to Vray 6?
          Last edited by SonyBoy; 04-01-2023, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Introduced in V-Ray 6. It used to work for V-Ray 5.
            Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
            X