The Procedure entry point not found error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Procedure entry point not found error

I have installed maya 2023 and V-Ray 6 for Maya, hotfix 1 (v6.00.03 from Dec 6 2022). As soon as I enabled the plugin i got this error (see attached image), but after dismissing it the plugin seems to load all fine but the error appears every time I launch maya. Rendering with v-ray also does not seem to work, it crashes the software every time, even in a blank scene.

This is a fresh install of maya 2023, with no old preferences being migrated in. Any help would be great as at the moment this is a useless combination of tools.
    Attached Files

This usually happens when the Environment Variables are messed up. Was this a ZIP install or a regular one? Check the VRAY_FOR_MAYA2023_PLUGINS variable and make sure it's pointing here:
    Code:
    C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\Maya 2023 for x64\maya_vray/vrayplugins
    Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

This was the regular install. There is a screen shot of my environment variables. The path resolves to the proper folder so not sure what else to check.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cgdom; 30-01-2023, 08:32 AM.

Comment

I have also tried the zip install/standalone setup. The plugin loads into maya but the same error persists. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Comment

Hi cgdom,

We don't know exactly what is the cause of the issue, but it looks like there's a mismatch between the DLLs.

I'd suggest you do a thorough clean up as follows:

1) Uninstall all V-Ray versions for any Maya versions you might have.
          2) Make sure the V-Ray directories are empty. If not, delete them manually:
          Locations:
          C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya\vray
          C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\Maya ***
          3) Delete VRayForMaya module files from the Maya modules directory, e.g. C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Modules\Maya\2022
          4) Delete any environmental variables with VRAY in them
          5) Install V-Ray again

With V-Ray 6 we introduced changes to the installer to simplify things.
          We make use of Maya module files a lot more, so that less environment variables are set on the system.
          Also the default install location is no longer inside Autodesk's folders.
          But it's possible that the change did not go smoothly in your case, so please let us know if everything works after the cleanup.
          V-Ray for Maya dev team lead

Comment

Thank you, this worked and I can render again. I will need to re install my maya 2020 vray as well and see if anything goes awry (i still use both versions of maya due to production needs). In 2023 the only thing that happens now is the following error:
            Code:
            // Error: VRay: Could not load the Bifrost module! You will not be able to render Bifrost as isosurface or metaball. The error message is:[loadLibEx] 126: LoadLibrary failed (126): The specified module could not be found.

Comment

Working...
            X