Golaem freeing memory issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golaem freeing memory issue

We are rendering a huge crowd scene with golaem and are having issues when the rendering is done and vray is freeing the memory. It usually takes around 20 min when the rendering is done. This is a little too much for us.
    We have tried the VRAY_TERMINATE_ON_FRAME_END variable without luck. Both maya and vray standalone.
    We are using maya 2023, vray 60003 and deadline.
    Richard Blank
    www.haymakerfx.com

VRAY_TERMINATE_ON_FRAME_END has an issue with deadline, when we tried it in the past it ended up failing the frame for deadline. I actually spoke to deadline support, they may provide a patch for you for the deadline side so it completes the frame instead of failing (if that's the issue).
    Same goes on the message when vray prints command - successfully written frame, it could be set to complete the frame at that time also, but requires change in deadline code.

For the render time memory unloading there are a few ides I can suggest. The unloading is probably due to complexity and count of polygons in the scene. Have you tried using cache geometry in the scene? It may help with the issue (it may not) but worth a try.

The other idea is what we ended up using when in a rare case we had this issue was using deadline timeouts. If you know your frame roughly renders for 10 min per frame, you can set the deadline to complete the frame after for example 12 minutes. The problem with that workflow is that if you have frames varying in time i.e. motion blurred frames for fast motion then it will not work effectively.
    Dmitry Vinnik
    Silhouette Images Inc.
    ShowReel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Good points, we’ll try to see if we can trigger an event that completes the frame before the unloading happens. If it doesn’t work we will probably need to contact thinkbox.
      Richard Blank
      www.haymakerfx.com

Comment

Working...
      X