X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Select comped together is slightly darker than Beauty

Hey Everyone,

I couldn't find a thread on this, so hopefully I'm not making a duplicate.

I have a proxy interior shot w/ multiple light sources (sun, lightdome, directional, rect, IES lights). I've rendered each light source into its own render element using Light Select (full lighting). When I add all elements together in Nuke, the final result is slightly darker than the beauty render. Any ideas why they don't match? There's an average difference in luminance of about .016. I posted a shot w/ a wipe so you can see the difference.

Rendered with CPU, V-Ray 6 in Maya 2023.

Best,
    Milady
  • Answer selected by hermit.crab at 02-03-2023, 01:47 AM.

I figured out the issue. When I turned off all lights, the VRayEnvironmentFog was still rendering since the Emission attribute was turned up to 1. I didn't notice it at first because of how subtle the illumination was.

Thanks again for your time!

Comment

Can't say without the scene. Could you attach (or send) it?
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Sure thing, you can download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H3V...ew?usp=sharing

I included the EXR I used for the comp. That particular file was rendered w/ Brute Force (scene file is currently set to LC), but both renders gave me the same results.

I appreciate you taking a look!

Comment

I figured out the issue. When I turned off all lights, the VRayEnvironmentFog was still rendering since the Emission attribute was turned up to 1. I didn't notice it at first because of how subtle the illumination was.

Thanks again for your time!

Comment

Working...
          X