Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motion Blur from Deforming ABC (Houdini) not calculating correctly with a moving camera

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion Blur from Deforming ABC (Houdini) not calculating correctly with a moving camera

Hey guys,

We've been running into an issue for quite some time that is really perplexing, hoping we can find a solution here. When exporting a deforming object (ie. a fluid sim) from Houdini to Maya the motion blur works fine on the object itself, if the camera is not moving. But once you incorporate a moving camera into the equation the velocity vectors of the VRayProxy do not seem to take the camera movement into consideration. This is easily testable by taking a simple fluid sim or an object with noise that is remeshing every frame and make it translate over a significant distance and export to Maya. In Maya create a camera that tracks with the object, in reality - the object itself would have very little / no motion blur (as the movement of the camera is equal to the movement of the object). Although in these situations V-Ray is still calculating the underlying motion blur of the object, regardless of the camera movement. I imagine it has something to do with changing face count / point number but curious what people are typically doing in these situations? Thank you!
  • Answer selected by viktor_angelov at 01-03-2023, 04:55 AM.

Hello frame48,

As mentioned in your ticket, even though the camera is moving with the mesh, some Motion Blur will still be visible as the geometry is changing and those changes are affecting the outcome.

Feel free to see my results on a simple mesh: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...1_11-04-56.gif

Comment

Hello frame48,

As mentioned in your ticket, even though the camera is moving with the mesh, some Motion Blur will still be visible as the geometry is changing and those changes are affecting the outcome.

Feel free to see my results on a simple mesh: http://ftp.chaosgroup.com/support/sc...1_11-04-56.gif

Comment

Working...
      X