Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which version of VRAY supports exporting Object Properties to USD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which version of VRAY supports exporting Object Properties to USD?

I am having trouble exporting any object properties, primary visibility, matte surface, objectId,...,etc.
    According to https://docs.chaos.com/display/VMAYA/USD, Object Properties is supported, which version of VRay does this doc refering to?
    I am using Maya 2023.3 with V-Ray 6 for Maya, hotfix 1​(v6.00.03 from Dec 6 2022).​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	objproperties.png
Views:	342
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	1175050

Hello han_ho,

This current feature has not been added for V-Ray 6 for Maya yet. It is planed to be added in this specific version for the next V-Ray 6 for Maya update.
    Is this feature urgent for you?
    Thank you for reporting the mistake in the V-Ray for Maya documentation, it is noted and it will be fixed!

Kind Regards,

Dimitrina

Comment

Hey there,
      It's not urgent as we are just surveying for an incoming project, however, object property is crucial to our pipeline, we often utilize primary visibility or matte surface to render elements separtely.
      Do you know when will this update happen, or maybe it's already in a nightly build? We will probably need to decide wether VRay USD workflow in Maya can fit into our pipeline before June.

Tks.

Comment

Got one more question regarding to the doc, how do you export USD with VRay displacement and VRay subdivision?
        I've tried attaching VRay SubDivision, SubDivision and Displacement Quality, and Displacement control to a sphere. exporting with VRay Plugin, and it always crash.

Name:	k2.png
Views:	229
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1175422

Comment

Hello again han_ho,

The export of Subdivision, Subdivision and Displacement Quality, and Displacement control is the same as when exporting any USD scene with the V-Ray Plugin.
          I cannot reproduce this crash on my end, so I will need a bit more information about your specs.
          Are you still using the same Maya version and V-Ray 6 for Maya build? (Maya 2023.3 with V-Ray 6 for Maya, hotfix 1​(v6.00.03 from Dec 6 2022))
          Which USD version are you using?

Kind Regards,
          Dimitrina

Comment

Yes, I am still using the same Maya 2023.3 and VRay 6.00.03, with USD( MayaUSD 0.20.0) that comes with Maya2023.3

Name:	k3.png
Views:	225
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1175533

I've tried to export a simple sphere to USD with subd and displacement tag from 3 of our workstation, all crash.
            It seems to related to vraytr_usd_translator019.dll module
            I can send you my simple scene , but it's just a sphere in a group with subd and displacement tag on sphere shape.

The following are from Maya crash log, I have to cut it half beacuse it's way too much line for this post
            Code:
            //=====================================================
            Maya Crash Report
            //=====================================================

Exception code: C0000005: ACCESS_VIOLATION - illegal read at address 0x00000000
            Fault address:  ED0F0603 in C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\Maya 2023 for x64\maya_vray\translators\vraytr_usd_translator019.dll
            0001:0002F603 Logical offset (see .map file for location)

Call stack:
                Module:  C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\Maya 2023 for x64\maya_vray\translators\vraytr_usd_translator019.dll (-exported-)
                Location: vraytr_usd_translator019.dlluninitializeTranslators2 + 1596E bytes
                Module:  C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\Maya 2023 for x64\maya_vray\translators\vraytr_usd_translator019.dll (-exported-)
                Decl:  ??
                Decl:  ??
                Module:  C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MayaUSD\Maya2023\0.20.0\mayausd\MayaUSD\lib\mayaUsd.dll (-exported-)
                Location: mayaUsd.dllMayaUsd_v0::ufe::UsdSceneItemOps::duplicateItem + 10729F bytes
                Decl: public: virtual class std::shared_ptr<class Ufe_v3::SceneItem> __cdecl MayaUsd_v0::ufe::UsdSceneItemOps::duplicateItem(void) __ptr64
                Module:  C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MayaUSD\Maya2023\0.20.0\mayausd\MayaUSD\lib\mayaUsd.dll (-exported-)
                Location: mayaUsd.dllMayaUsd_v0::ufe::UsdSceneItemOps::duplicateItem + 103ED9 bytes
                Decl: public: virtual class std::shared_ptr<class Ufe_v3::SceneItem> __cdecl MayaUsd_v0::ufe::UsdSceneItemOps::duplicateItem(void) __ptr64
                Module:  C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MayaUSD\Maya2023\0.20.0\mayausd\MayaUSD\plugin\adsk\plugin\mayaUsdPlugin.mll (-exported-)
                Location: mayaUsdPlugin.mllpxrInternal_v0_21__pxrReserved__::UsdMayaImportTranslator::reader + 129C4 bytes
                Decl: public: virtual class Autodesk::Maya::OpenMaya20230000::MStatus __cdecl pxrInternal_v0_21__pxrReserved__::UsdMayaImportTranslator::reader(class Autodesk::Maya::OpenMaya20230000::MFileObject const & __ptr64,class 
            ​

Comment

I am still not able to reproduce a crash with the same set up as the one you have described.
              Is it possible to send us a scene, even if it is just a sphere with applied V-Ray Extra Attributes to it?

Kind Regards,
              Dimitrina

Comment

Hey Dimitrina,
                Is there a way to upload maya file to this post/forum? It seems like I can only upload image file.
                Is it possible to send you file via email?

Best,

Han Ho

Comment

Hello han_ho,

Yes, you can send the scene to our support team here, or you can upload it here via the 'Upload Attachments' option (the first icon on your top right of your message section)

Kind Regards,
                  Dimitrina

Comment

Hey Dimitrina,
                    'Upload Attachments' only accept image, not maya file.
                    I sent the scene to the support team, looking forward to hear from them.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X