Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay baking script works on one machine, not another

Hi y'all,
    I've been running an asset baking script happily. Today I tried to run it on another computer and it failed in a very strange way.
    Both machines: Maya 2022.4, VRay 6.
    Working machine: Windows 10
    Failing machine: Windows 11

Here is the weird fail:
    In the script, I create a VRayBakeOptions set, and assign one object to it. Run the bake, change set assignment to next object, repeat. Like I said, it works.
    On the working machine, the render log says, "V-Ray: Baking |hp_sourceGroup_R|nPower_2_R|polySurfaceShape3" and it outputs a PNG file.
    On the nonworking machine, render log says, "V-Ray warning: No objects suitable for baking." and it outputs no file.

This is with the SAME scene file, writing to the SAME destination on the SAME network.
    The nonworking machine can render frames normally to this directory in GUI and through Backburner.
    The command shell where I run the script can create new files in the directory, so I don't think it's permissions.

WHY would this machine not correctly add an obejct to a baking set?
    WHY do I always wait until days before deadline to add new machines?

What else can I try? I'm going nuts here, appreciate any suggestions.​
    Last edited by AGravois; 15-03-2023, 04:51 PM.

apparently emojis cut your post short ;_;

Comment

Does it work when baking manually (without the script)?
      Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Thanks, yep, confirmed: I can bake textures manually within the GUI on that machine

A most peculiar error... I even forced the script to list the baking set members just before the render, and, yes, the expected geometry is in the baking set. But the render itself says, "No objects suitable for baking"

Comment

just tested this on a third machine (Windows 10, Maya 2022.4, Vray 6 ... same problem!
          Also tried running the bake script within the GUI on the problem machine ... same problem!
          (Also, I have tried this with both VRay 6 releases, 6.003 and 6.002)

???!!?!??!?!!???!!!!

Comment

This is a custom script, correct? I did not understand if you tested the third machine without it. If it happens only with the script, maybe it needs an update. If not, you may send us the scene and reproduction instructions so we can troubleshoot.
            Aleksandar Hadzhiev | chaos.com
            Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

thanks, yeah it is a custom script... all machines running same version of Maya and VRay (tested with 6.02 and 6.03)... I would certainly send it except it's several parts/modules that are heavily path-dependent. I'll see if I can make it more generalized & send a thing.

Comment

Working...
              X